Washington has appealed to Moscow about the captured American mercenaries, TASS reported, citing the Russian Foreign Ministry.
Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov said on Wednesday, June 22, that Russia has received an appeal from the United States regarding American mercenaries taken prisoner by the Russian army in Donbass. It is currently under review.
“The appeal has been received, but we do not comment on the content of the diplomatic communication and such component of this communication as note correspondence. We traditionally do not disclose the content and do not comment on it. But in any case, we have received a signal from Washington, it is currently being considered,” the deputy minister was quoted as saying by TASS.
Earlier on Tuesday, June 21, Russian presidential spokesman Dmitry Peskov said that the captured American mercenaries “cannot and are not covered by the Geneva Convention,” and did not rule out the possibility of capital punishment against them through the death penalty.
Two former US soldiers, Alexander Druke and Andy Huhne, captured by the Russian military near Kharkiv, have been pictured.
Under interrogation, AFU soldier told how the Sea of Azov was mined
Due to censorship and blocking of all media and alternative views, stay tuned to our Telegram channel