Poll: More than half of Germans say they will not miss Merkel after she leaves

Another 38% said they would miss the current head of government

Poll: More than half of Germans say they will not miss Merkel after she leaves

More than half of Germans believe they will not miss Angela Merkel after she leaves the post of German chancellor. This is evidenced by a poll published on Saturday by the Civey public opinion research institute for Augsburger Allgemeine newspaper.

According to the survey, 52 percent of respondents answered negatively to the question: “Will you miss Angela Merkel when her term as Federal Chancellor expires?” At the same time, 38% said they would miss the current head of government and 10% were undecided.

A total of 5,007 German citizens took part in the survey. It was conducted between 22 and 24 September.

Germany will hold parliamentary elections on Sunday. The winning party (bloc) will have the right to form a government, and the leader of its party list will head the cabinet if it is successfully formed. Merkel refuses to run for CDU/CSU head of government

Comments:

comments powered by HyperComments