The US secretary of state has previously said that “more forces have been concentrated on the border with Ukraine than at any time since 2014”
Talking to a CBS television reporter who aired an interview with the US diplomatic chief on Sunday, TASS reports that Secretary of State Anthony Blinken said the US was “very closely” observing the withdrawal of Russian forces from the border with Ukraine.
“Starting now. We’re watching it very, very closely”, – he stressed.
The full interview with Blinken, recorded in advance, aired on Sunday, but a snippet of it was published on the CBS website on Thursday, in which Blinken claimed that “more forces have been concentrated on the border with Ukraine than at any time since 2014”.
“We have seen that over the last few days there has been a decision to withdraw some of those forces. And we see that some of them have started to withdraw”, – Blinken noted.
Western countries have repeatedly expressed concern in recent weeks over remarks by the Ukrainian military about a build-up of Russian forces along the border with Ukraine. Russian presidential spokesman Dmitriy Peskov said that the movement of Russian troops through Russian territory should not worry other states because it does not threaten them in any way.State Department convinced that military confrontation is against the interests of both the US and China