On Wednesday, law enforcement agencies detained eight more people in connection with the riots in Dijon with the participation of natives of Chechnya and North Africa, city prosecutor Eric Matte said.
“On June 24, several operations were carried out within the framework of investigations (riots – editor’s note), eight arrests and eight searches were made”, – Matte said in a communiqué.
The document notes that 35 police officers participated in the special operation.
This is not the first detention operation, which is conducted in Dijon after the riots. On Monday, nine detainees were reported.
The riots in Dijon began on the night of 13 June and lasted four nights. The situation was the result of clashes between members of the Chechen community, who gathered in Dijon from all over France, and local residents, mainly of Maghreb origin. The reason for the conflict was the beating of a young Chechen boy by gang members. As a result of the clashes, several people were injured and wounded.
Last week it was reported that representatives of the two communities met near Dijon, during which they agreed to end the clashes.The UN Secretary General called on Israel and Palestine to engage in dialogue