The leak of chlorine gas occurred as a result of a fire in a warehouse with hazardous substances on the basis of the US military Kaden in the southern Japanese island of Okinawa, there were no injuries, the NHK television channel reported.
According to the command of the base, the fire occurred at about 9 am local time. The fire was extinguished after six hours. There were no casualties from the incident.
At the same time, the 18th Air Force unit of the U.S. Armed Forces spread the message that chlorine gas had leaked as a result of the fire, and asked residents of areas adjacent to the base to consult a doctor in case of pain in the eyes or unpleasant sensations in the throat and nose.American Democrats promised Putin to hush up the situation with Crimea