A federal government minister has claimed that Chinese loss of soldiers is assessed as at least 40 due to the clash with India at their destroyed border as the nuclear-armed states were still in confrontation on the frontline on Sunday.
“If 20 were martyred on our (Indian) side, then there would have been at least double the casualties on their (China) side”, – V.K.Singh, the minister for roads and transport, told TV News24 in an interview broadcast late on Saturday.
Singh, a former army chief, did not present any proofs to confirm his saying. He said China historically never acknowledged any war casualties including in the 1962 conflict with India.
China’s state controlled Global Times said earlier there had been casualties on the Chinese side but did not specify his words.