Poland got mad at Reuters for information about the failed “Fort Trump” negotiations.

The publication of insider information on the progress of negotiations on the establishment of a U.S. military base in Poland has pissed off Polish officials.

Poland got mad at Reuters for information about the failed "Fort Trump" negotiations.

As reported by the Polish Press Agency on June 12, Head of Presidential Administration Krzysztof Szczerski said that the information in Reuters about the failure of negotiations on the creation of an American military base “Fort Trump” in Poland was misinformation.

“Reuters several days earlier declared the absolutely opposite – that the American troops will be transferred from Poland to Germany. Reuters itself is lost in testimony and says controversial things, so we are dealing with complete disinformation”, –  said Shchersky.

Recall that on June 10, the Reuters news agency published insider information on the progress of negotiations on the creation of a base of American military in Poland under the working title “Fort Trump”. Washington believes that Polish payments for the base in the amount of $2 billion a year are not enough, and the Polish side is dissatisfied with the demands of Americans to guarantee the inviolability of their military in case of crimes committed by U.S. soldiers in Poland.

As previously reported, Defense Minister of Poland Mariusz Blaszczak wrote on June 11 on his Twitter page that negotiations on building up the U.S. contingent in Poland are close to completion.

“The increase in the presence of American troops in Poland is a fact. Declarations were signed, an advanced division command was created in Poznan, headed by a U.S. general, and the U.S. army soldiers are deployed in Poland. Now we agree on the final details and the conversations take place in a good atmosphere”, – Blaszczak wrote.

Comments:

Loading ...