US Secretary of Defense Mark Esper spoke out against President Donald Trump on the use of the army against US citizens.
On Wednesday, June 3, reports the publication The Washington Post.
“The ability to use existing forces as law enforcement agencies should be used only as a last resort and only in the most urgent and difficult situations,” the official said. – Now we are not in one of these situations. I do not support the application of the Rebellion Act. ”
As News Front previously reported, riots have not subsided in the United States since last week. Uprising began in Minneapolis, where a policeman killed African-American George Floyd. The man was detained on suspicion of forging a check for $ 20. During the arrest, the policeman began to press his knee on Floyd’s neck. He said that he had nothing to breathe, but the policeman did not listen. As a result, the detainee died.
The incident led to protests that swept the whole country in a few days. Pogroms are recorded in large cities, including New York and Washington. US President Donald Trump, in turn, does not exclude the possibility that the protests will be suppressed with the help of federal troops. To this end, the United States even has a special law justifying the use of the army against its own citizens.Siloviki shot journalist: US police sued