The commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) naval forces, Alireza Tangsir, said that the incident between Iran and the United States in the Persian Gulf occurred due to the fact that American ships invaded the Iranian military maneuver area.
“They invaded the area of our maneuvers, the training was announced earlier in the area. They are trying to undermine security by such actions. For this reason they were ordered to get out”, – Tasnim quoted the commander as saying.
Earlier, the Central Command of the US Navy reported that the Iranian boats of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) on April 15 dangerously maneuvered alongside American warships in the Persian Gulf. The US military reported that the boats were “cut” by American ships at a very high speed and close range, they approached 45 meters to one of the ships and 10 meters to the other, but after about an hour, Iranian boats answered calls by walkie-talkie and moved away from American ships.
In turn, the Corps of Guardians of the Islamic Revolution of Iran said that this was preceded by two consecutive provocative intercepts by American ships (April 6 and 7) of an Iranian warship. The Iranian military called the version of Washington “Hollywood”, promising to answer any miscalculation.
The US President Donald Trump said he had ordered the naval forces to destroy Iranian boats, which impede the passage of American ships. In case of threats, the Iranian armed forces also fired at American ships.UN concerns Latin American protests over COVID-19 restrictions