Boris Johnson said he was on the verge of death at the hospital

At the insistence of doctors, the head of the British Cabinet is not yet back to work.

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said he was close to death while in intensive care with the new coronavirus. The video message of Johnson discharged from the hospital on Sunday is posted on his Twitter page.

“Today, I left the hospital, having spent a week there, during which the employees of the national health system undoubtedly saved my life”, –  the prime minister said, confessing that for 48 hours, his condition remained serious and “the outcome was unpredictable.

Johnson thanked all the British doctors, who now take care of the residents from the United Kingdom who found themselves in hospitals, and listed by name the doctors and nurses who helped him. The Prime Minister looks noticeably better than the last video, which he published shortly before the hospitalization, but still speaks in a hoarse voice. At the insistence of doctors, the head of the Cabinet is not yet back to work. He continues to be replaced by Dominique Raab, head of the country’s foreign ministry.

“We will win because our national health system is a living, pulsating heart of the state. It embodies the best of this country”, –  said Johnson.

Prime Minister congratulated the British on the Easter holiday, which is celebrated by Protestants and Catholics this Sunday, and once again reminded citizens of the need to comply with the quarantine regime introduced in the country almost three weeks ago.

The 55-year-old prime minister’s coronavirus infection was discovered on March 26. He continued to lead the country, self-isolating at his residence, but was taken to a London hospital on 5 April for tests as his fever had been elevated for over 10 days. On 6 April, in the evening, the Prime Minister was transferred to the intensive care unit because of his deteriorating health, where he spent three days. On April 9th Johnson was transferred back to his normal ward as he was feeling better and was discharged on Sunday morning.