US President Donald Trump said that the leadership of the country did not need to send troops to the Middle East, where clashes between various groups continue for hundreds of years.
“Fighting between various groups that has been going on for hundreds of years. USA should never have been in Middle East. Moved our 50 soldiers out. Turkey MUST take over captured ISIS fighters that Europe refused to have returned. The stupid endless wars, for us, are ending!”, – wrote Trump.
Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan said on October 5 that a decision on a Turkish operation in northern Syria east of the Euphrates could be made in the coming days. The next day, Washington announced that the US military would not participate in Turkey’s military operation and would leave the area. The White House release, released after a telephone conversation between the presidents of the United States and Turkey, also says that now Turkey will be responsible for all the militants of the terrorist group ISIS captured over the past two years after the defeat of ISIS by the United States.
The Kurdish Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) on October 7 announced that US forces had withdrawn from the border with Turkey in northern Syria, violating the agreements reached with Kurdish allies. Later in Washington, it was announced that the United States did not withdraw all troops from Syria, but displaced those in the north, with only 50 military men involved.
Since 2014, the United States and its allies have been conducting an operation against the IS terrorist group in Syria and Iraq, and in Syria they are acting without the consent of the country’s official authorities. In December last year, US President Donald Trump announced the withdrawal of troops from Syria, the total number of which was estimated at 2 thousand people. It was later announced in Washington that some 400 US troops would remain in the country.