US President Donald Trump said the United States has not abandoned the Kurds in Syria and will continue to support them.

On Sunday, Washington said the US forces would not participate in Turkey’s military operation in northern Syria and would not be in the area of the operation. The White House release, released after a telephone conversation between Trump and Erdogan, also states that Turkey will now be responsible for all the militants of the ISIS terrorist group captured over the past two years after the defeat of ISIS by the United States.

Since 2014, the United States and its allies have been carrying out an operation in Syria and Iraq against the ISIS and in Syria they operate without the consent of the country’s official authorities. In December last year, US President Donald Trump announced the withdrawal of troops from Syria, the total number of which was estimated at 2 thousand people. It was later announced in Washington that some 400 US troops would remain in the country.

Tags: ; ; ; ; ;