The Minister of Defense of Ukraine Andriy Zagorodniuk said that Kiev’s preparations for the deployment of forces in the Zolotoy area in the Donbass are successful, but shelling does not allow the withdrawal process to begin.
Earlier, Ukrainian Foreign Minister Vadim Pristayko said that the separation of forces in the Petrovsky and Zolotoy area would not begin on October 7, as there were violations of the ceasefire. In the self-proclaimed DPR, they emphasized that, according to the agreements, compliance with the silence regime is not a prerequisite for starting the process. DNR Plenipotentiary Natalya Nikonorova expressed the view that in this way Kiev is trying to delay the implementation of the agreements.
“From a technical point of view, preparation for breeding in this direction (Zolotoye – ed.) Continues quite successfully, but shelling does not allow it to begin”, – Zagorodniuk wrote on a Facebook page on Tuesday.
The minister said that “the separation of forces and means can begin only after seven days of observing the regime of silence in the area where it is provided”.
According to the head of the defense department, the Ukrainian military in Stanitsa Lugansk, where the separation of forces and assets had previously taken place, is in full combat readiness.
“Our troops are observing in their positions, maintaining their combat readiness. In case of provocations or aggravation of the situation, they are ready to act adequately”, – the minister said.
In 2016, the contact group to resolve the situation in Ukraine signed a framework decision on the deployment of forces and means of the parties to the conflict in the Donbass. The withdrawal of forces in the area of the settlements of Zolotoye and Petrovsky took place in 2016, in the Village of Lugansk in June 2019. At the same time, the DPR and LPR have repeatedly stated that the Ukrainian security forces advanced deep into the breeding areas in the Petrovsky and Zolotoye districts, and insisted on restoring parity.