North Korea said Friday that Pyongyang has no intention to talk with South Korea again, calling it a “senseless” hope to expect talks to be resumed when Seoul’s joint military exercise with the United States is over, South Korea’s Yonhap news agency reported.
The remarks were made by a spokesperson of the North’s Committee for the Peaceful Reunification of the Country, as North Korea fired two more unidentified projectiles into the East Sea, the sixth such launch in about three weeks, the same day.
“The South Korean authorities are snooping about to fish in troubled waters in the future DPRK-US dialogue, dreaming that the phase of dialogue would naturally arrive after the joint military exercises just as the natural change of the time of the year. He had better drop that senseless lingering attachment,” the statement said, according to the Korean Central News Agency.
DPRK is the abbreviation for the North’s official name, the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea.
“They can clearly see what we feel now, i.e. we have nothing to talk any more with the South Korean authorities nor have any idea to sit with them again,” it added.
North Korea has lambasted South Korea for holding a joint military exercise with the US, which started earlier this month, claiming it is a rehearsal for their invasion of the North.
The North has recently said that inter-Korean dialogue would not resume unless the South offers a “plausible excuse” for its combined military exercise with the US.