At least five people were killed and over 40 others wounded when a suicide bomber blew his explosives packed vest among a wedding crowd in Afghanistan’s eastern Nangarhar province, Xinhua news agency reported, quoting an official Friday.
The incident happened in the morning when a crowd was attending a wedding ceremony at the house of a pro-government militia commander, Malik Toor in Pachir Agam district, provincial government spokesman Ataullah Khogyani told Xinhua.
“Five people were killed and more than 40 others wounded in the blast. The injured were shifted to a main hospital in provincial capital Jalalabad city,” the spokesman said.
The figure is feared to rise as some of the wounded are in serious condition, said the source.
No group has so far claimed responsibility for the incident, but the Taliban militant group denied involvement of its fighters in the attack.