Trump Plan To Withdraw Troops From Syria Despite Manbij Attack Killing US Soldiers

Several US servicemen had been killed in a suicide bombing in the northern Syrian town of Manbij. The Daesh terrorist group reportedly claimed responsibility for the attack.

Trump Plan To Withdraw Troops From Syria Despite Manbij Attack Killing US Soldiers
During a meeting with a group of Republican senators on Wednesday, President Donald Trump signalled his readiness to adhere to his plan to withdraw US troops from Syria and Afghanistan, according to Senator Rand Paul.

“Not only is he following through with his Syria policy, I really do think there will be changes in Afghanistan as well. If you look at the polling data for the American people, I think the American people are with the president and they’re tired, frankly, of both parties, who are unwilling to stand up and say enough is enough”, Paul said.

He declined to elaborate on what Trump said about exact timelines for US forces’ pullout from Syria and Afghanistan.

“We talked extensively about Syria. He talked about how we will continue to make sure that ISIS (Daesh) is not a problem but at the same time, we will not just go into theater and stay forever. I think he was steadfast in that”, Paul underscored.

His comments came hours after an Operation Inherent Resolve spokesperson tweeted that several US service members had been among the 16 people killed in a bombing in the northern Syrian town of Manbij. The Daesh terrorists reportedly claimed responsibility for the attack.

Comments:

comments powered by HyperComments