Germany’s rock music festival “Rock am Ring”in the western German city of Nuerburg was interrupted Friday evening due to “concrete evidence of terrorist threat”, with around 90,000 rock fans being evacuated from Nuerburgring circuit, said the local police.
The state government of Rhineland-Palatinate has also confirmed the terror threat regarding the festival.
The music festival which kicked off Friday would as planned extend over three days, however, it remains to be assessed if the festival would resume from Saturday onwards, told Roger Lewentz, interior minister of the state Rhineland-Palatinate.
“Tomorrow we will make decision about how it goes on,” He said, added that further information is due to be released on 11 a.m. Saturday.
The investigation remains at full swing currently with a few points to be followed, as the festival grounds are being examined closely, according to the interior minister.
In view of the recent attack on a concert in Manchester, Britain, the safety concept for “Rock am Ring” had been modified in advance and the number of the emergency forces increased significantly to around 1,200, Xinhua reports.