Donetsk, DNR. In the latest news from Donetsk, Kiev has already broken the ceasefire set on June 1st in Minsk. Eduard Basurin reports Ukrainian forces violated the ceasefire 34 times over the past 24 hours, breaking the Minsk agreements, DNR Operations Command said on Friday.
“Ukrainian army violated the ceasefire 34 times over the past 24 hours using artillery, tank guns, mortars, infantry fighting vehicle cannons, armored personnel carriers, grenade launchers and small arms,” Basurin said.
Overall 17 DNR settlements came under fire, this morning Telmanovskiy district came under fire, a house was damaged and an agricultural enterprise destroyed.
Previously the sides agreed to an indefinite ceasefire in effect since midnight June 1.
All total the Kiev forces violated the ceasefire almost 400 times over the past week, firing 3,600 artillery and mortar rounds at DNR territory, DNR Operations Command deputy commander Eduard Basurin said on Friday.
“The enemy violated the ceasefire 389 times over the past week firing 3,632 artillery, rocket artillery, mortar and tank gun rounds at DNR with weapons prohibited by the Minsk agreements,” Basurin said.
According to DNR Operations Command, 40 DNR settlements came under fire over the past week, 23 residential houses were damaged, as well as tractors and nine other units of agricultural machinery.
Currently reports are coming in of an attempt by Ukrainian forces to seize the border regions of Donbass, claiming the Minsk Agreements as authority for the action. News Front will continue to update as new information and reports arrive.