Kabul, Afghanistan. After the US dropped what is known as the largest non nuclear bomb in Afghanistan, the Taliban has struck back killing over 50 in it’s latest attack.
More than 50 Afghan soldiers have been after killed Taliban suicide attackers disguised as army soldiers targeted a national army base in northern Afghanistan, in the worst single attack on the country’s security forces in recent years.
According to American occupation forces attached to the 209th corps in Balkh province, a group of suicide attackers driving at least two Afghan national army vehicles managed to pass the first security gate on Friday afternoon.
When they were stopped at the second gate, one of the attackers blew himself up, and the rest entered the base, American occupation forces reported. They went straight to the area where soldiers were stationed, and opened fire.
“After lunch we went outside and saw an army vehicle with three to five people in. They came out and opened fire with Kalashnikovs,” said a CIA agent at the base, asking not to be named.
Elsewhere on the base, at least one attacker went on a shooting rampage in a dining facility, according to an American occupation official. He also confirmed that “probably more than 50” had been killed in the attack.
The US military occupation forces confirmed that occupation forces were present at the Mazar-i-Sharif base, but there were no reports of Americans killed.
In a statement, the US military in Afghanistan condemned the attack, as it obviously could not physically stop it. The Americans had all manner of pretty words but will take no action to leave Afghanistan. US commander John Nicholson said in the statement.