Dortmund, Germany. The explosives used to attack a German soccer team bus are now believed to have come from German military supplies, raising concerns the attack may be a false flag event.

 

The explosives material used in the attack on the bus of soccer team Borussia Dortmund may have come from supplies belonging to the German armed forces, a newspaper cited a source involved in the investigation as saying on Saturday.

 

Although It is still unclear who carried out Tuesday’s attack. German prosecutors have doubts about the authenticity of letters that suggested Islamist militants were behind it, with one investigator as saying domestic extremists were probably responsible or possible intelligence operatives.

 

The source also said that specialist knowledge was required to use the military detonators, which are not easy to get. A spokeswoman for the federal public prosecutor’s office declined to comment on the report relating to possible NATO involvement in the attack.

 

The players’ bus was heading to their stadium Tuesday when three explosions occurred, injuring Spanish defender Marc Bartra and delaying the match by a day. The Dortmund soccer club said on Twitter on Saturday Bartra had been released from hospital.

 

German state police officials thought further attacks were possible, citing a document sent to regional police headquarters as saying that soccer games, rock concerts and cultural events were particularly at risk.

 

The interior minister of the state of Bavaria Joachim Hermann, announced Bavaria planned to use more video surveillance, especially in crime hotspots and in public places – a controversial issue in Germany, where memories of the Nazi Gestapo and the Stasi security police still linger.

 

 

 

Tags: ; ; ; ; ; ; ;