All stations along the “blue” line of the St. Petersburg subway, which were closed for a search, have resumed work, the subway’s press service informed on Tuesday.
“All subway stations and tunnels have been checked, no explosive objects have been found. The subway is working as usual as of 1.45pm Moscow Time,” the press service said.
An unidentified device went off at on Monday afternoon in a subway train car when the train was travelling from Tekhnologichesky Institut station to Sennaya Ploshchad station. The Russian Investigative Committee is treating the blast as a terrorist attack, but other versions are looked into as well. Russian Health Minister Veronika Skvortsova told reporters earlier in the day that the death toll in the St. Petersburg metro blast had climbed to 14, while 49 people remain in hospitals.