Russian Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman, Maria Zakharova, said on Friday that an expert examination of pictures of the attack on Hass school in Idleb Province, which were released earlier in the week by the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), determined that they are fake.

 

Zakharova

 

“Today after expert analysis of photographs from the Syrian village of Hass, it turned out that there was no strike on the school and there were no victims either,” Sputnik quoted Zakharova as saying on Facebook. She said: “The photographs are computer graphics.”

 

Russian Defense Ministry Spokesman Igor Konashenkov said Thursday that photographs taken by a Russian drone showed that the roof of the school reportedly hit in the strikes showed no damage and that there were no craters attributable to bombs in the area. “Not one Russian warplane entered that area on that day.” Konashenkov said.

 

UNICEF claimed on Wednesday that air strikes on a school in Hass in Idleb province killed 22 children and six teachers, providing photographs of the attack.