Earlier in the day, The New York Times published an article of two women who recalled episodes from 35 and 11 years ago when Donald Trump allegedly made uninvited physical advances toward them.
“We’re not going to allow the Clinton campaign and the national media to turn this [Trump’s] campaign into a discussion of slander and lies,” Pence stated on Thursday.
During the dinner, Pence argued that instead of focusing on “unsubstantiated claims,” reporters should aim their criticism on “the corruption and the deceit of the Clintons and the Clinton machine.”
Trump called the accusations of inappropriate conduct with the women completely and absolutely false, and said he would provide evidence to refute the claims.
Trump also said he would file a lawsuit against The New York Times newspaper for publishing the story.